The Chinese community has a half-monthly report, and I have never seen any work in the Western community reporting such articles. It has been going on for a year and has not seen any real progress. In my opinion, the Western community is too inefficient.
The English version of the Bi-monthly report always includes information about West activities and progress. We report our achievements and updates for the Chinese version too, but not all of these are selected for the Chinese version as newsworthy, because the significance is not as readily obvious in other regions since the markets are very different.
- Has there been a good contact for the position that the current proposal wants to recruit? If not, when is it expected to be recruited? If there are already suitable candidates, can the community know the background information of these people?
The West team member descriptions written in the proposal are a combination of existing team members and new team members that will be recruited. The existing team members include David, Penny, and student volunteer, Angel. The background information for those individuals are available on nuls.io, but we can provide more detailed resumes if required. With respect to the new positions, we have interviewed individuals for some of the positions, but will not move forward until the outcome of the West proposal vote is determined.
- In the proposal, you compare the average monthly salary of the United States with the salary that NULS will pay. In terms of data, the difference is relatively large. Why do you think that everyone is willing to join the Western team with such low wages? How can we ensure that team members can participate in daily work with a high degree of identity and responsibility under such salary, and do a good job?
As mentioned, some of the team members exist and they are currently sacrificing a fair market salary because they are committed to making NULS successful and are willing to take a risk for potential future reward. As for the new team members, it will be challenging to fill those positions because of the salary deficit. However, there are high quality candidates in the West job market with an entrepreneur mindset who are willing to take up-front risk for a longer-term high reward situation. We are confident we will be able to attract those types of individuals to the team. Most of the team members will be full time except in some cases where the position does not require full time effort and it is more cost effective to utilize them on a part time basis.
- Our previous proposals are all carried out in a three-month cycle. This proposal takes six months. In these six months, there will be a lot of unreachable situations. Is the time too long?
A three-month window of time is too short to demonstrate the true benefits of the West team. For example, the business development cycle to acquire a new project partner can take anywhere from 1 to 6 months, from first engagement to coding their application. With respect to marketing and public relations, the immediate effect of a press release or a media interview is only the beginning of what becomes a “ripple” effect throughout the media community. Media in the West compete for news and are always trying to be the first with a story. One media interview may lead to multiple interviews and articles later on. In addition, up until recently NULS has done very little marketing or public relations in the West and NULS is practically unknown in this market. It will take some time and effort to overcome this deficit. It is basically like marketing an entirely new project to the West.
- In the case of such a downturn, how do you think you need to spend such a large sum of money?
Compared to top 20 blockchain projects in the West our proposed budget is very frugal. In fact, many of our partners that have worked with EOS, Tron, Cosmos and others are amazed that NULS has accomplished as much as we have in the West given, we have such a small team. We understand the concern about the current market value of NULS, however, waiting for the value of NULS to increase and missing this opportunity to capitalize on the recent 2.0 launch, SCO’s, ChainBox, Chain Factory and world-class technology would be a mistake. Now is the time to get serious about business development and marketing in the West before the opportunity is lost.
- In what way will the progress of the work of the Western team be presented to Chinese and Western communities? Can it be presented in the form of a weekly or semi-monthly report?
The West will formally report to the community bi-monthly and this will include business development prospect pipeline reports as well as marketing/PR key performance indicators (KPI). We will provide the community with monthly financial summaries and detailed quarterly financial reports including balance sheet. The West team will also be actively reporting new developments as they occur in real time to the community. The business development team will encourage NULS project partners to address the community regularly to discuss progress.
- How do you guarantee the quality of the SCO projects mentioned in the expected goals? In these SCO sharing sessions, we conducted AMA activities, but only one project information learned from an AMA event is very limited. What value does the SCO project in the proposal bring to NULS? Who will follow up on their subsequent development?
Projects from the West that are invited to have AMA’s with SCO Lab have gone through a vetting process to assure quality and integrity. Some of the vetting or qualifying criteria that is superimposed on projects are detailed in the Business Development section of the West proposal. The questions and answers in the live SCO Lab AMA’s are only a part of the questions and due diligence these projects are accountable for. In terms of follow-up with projects after the SCO, it is namely the responsibility of the individual projects to report progress to the community. A project must keep their stakers happy or they will lose their rewards benefits when stakers leave due to lack of progress or reporting. The NULS business development representative assigned to the project will also encourage the projects to report or make adjustments to their reports, if needed.
- For the expected goal of “increasing the NULS allocation rate for each address by 5%”, what plans do you have to do this?
This is metric by which we can measure our success and results. The entire business plan aims to fulfill this objective, because increased awareness and increased partnerships will inevitably result in increased addresses on the network. This is a measurement of our plan’s success in the West because it means two things:
1. More addresses on the NULS network. When we increase the number of token holders, we increase the number of addresses in the network. Increasing the number of NULS token holders means we have successfully reached more people and convinced them of the value to hold and stake NULS.
2. More addresses with fewer NULS in each one. When we increase addresses, and the NULS token is distributed more widely, this reflects less centralized control, and more decentralization and wider adoption. We love whales buying NULS—but whales are not always the best measurement of a robust network. Whales can in fact suppress the price by market-making on exchanges with very little liquidity and put a “collar” around the price that can manipulate a low cap project’s price movement. If the majority of volume for the token comes from one or two of these exchanges, its very difficult for the token to break out of the collar. This causes consistent downward pressure in most cases because the whale seller is looking to re-enter lower and lower each time.
- For the fifth point, “If you don’t do it, what will the Western team do?” If the community is dissatisfied, how do you do this?
If the community is dissatisfied with the West performance, they can vote to replace team members or discontinue the West in its entirety.
受邀与SCO Lab进行AMA合作的西方项目已经过审核程序，以确保质量和完整性。西部提案的“业务发展”部分详细介绍了叠加在项目上的某些审核或资格标准。实时SCO Lab AMA中的问题和答案只是这些项目所要解决的问题和尽职调查的一部分。就上海合作组织之后的项目跟进而言，即向社区报告进度是每个项目的责任。一个项目必须让他们的利益相关者满意，否则当利益相关者由于缺乏进展或报告而离开时，他们将失去奖励利益。如有需要，分配给该项目的NULS业务开发代表还将鼓励该项目进行报告或对其报告进行调整。