Just a quick update on the development of our proposal approved on 2/1/19. We've just about finalized the details and logistics of how we will be verifying testnet agent participants, handle monthly distributions, and the process for registering. The full detailed process can be found in our repository: https://nodeforge.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CI/pages/31358993/Testnet+Registration+and+Distribution+Process
To briefly summarize:
- All participating testnet agents are eligible to receive reward incentive. However, only registered participating testnet agents are eligible for distributions.
- In order to register, the testnet agent node operator must send at least 0.01 test NULS from their testnet agent wallet address to the Node Forge testnet registration address and include their mainnet rewards address in the "remarks" field.
- NULS test network distribution will be made on a monthly basis for every calendar month.
- A consolidated distribution report will be released on the nuls.community forums with distribution details on the 1st of every month (for the prior month period). Once the community has had the opportunity to confirm report results, rewards will be distributed on the 5th of every month (for the prior month period).
- The amount of rewards each properly registered agent node will receive is based on the percentage of blocks their testnet agent node packs during the previous month.
- This registration and distribution process will eventually be streamlined and automated and is currently under development at Node Forge.
We are excited to get underway very soon and for NULS to have a much more encompassing test environment! We developed internal tools on our end so we can accurately assess block packing activity. We appreciate all of the insight Core/CCC developers have provided us the past couple weeks.
We did notice that the new beta testnet wallet was released on github so we are now testing it, and also we are looking to see if the remarks field has been extended to accept an entire NULS mainnet rewards address (which will make this whole process much more straight forward and mitigate any confusion).
The dedicated CCC Agent node for this proposal is live and the rewards pool is accruing. The first round of distributions to registered testnet participants is anticipated to be April 5th, which is for the partial February month and full March month.
We plan to keep this whole process as transparent as possible.
Once we've worked through the remarks issue, committed to the process and given the NULS community a chance to offer any feedback, we will start accepting registration requests and we should be smooth sailing!
Comments, questions, or concerns? Let us know!